Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DRIVE to LIVE

Thank you to all my friends and family, because I consider you all part of this huge family I have found. From the bottom of my heart I have not felt more loved than now with all of your support and continued prayers. Today, I received some news that I will admit brought my spirits down for part of the day. I am not in remission and will be undergoing more chemotherapy treatment from what I have heard the options are. I will have more details for all of you tomorrow once I speak to my Dr. I was distraught when I heard the news and nearly heartbroken, sometimes I am amazed that I still have tears left to shed sometimes, but I guess that is just a reminder that I am human and still ALIVE. I NEED to BELIEVE that there is a particular chemotherapy drug out there that will knock this monster out of me and bring me to remission so I can move to my transplant. I can only Pray that GOD will guide my Drs. or take me to the place where this is possible. In a couple of months I will be 30 and never in my wildest nightmares did I ever think I would be battling THE BIG C at this age. I never thought this would happen to me.

SO...I ask that all of you, dont take LIFE for granted, don't take the simple things in life for granted, and don't even take the bad things for granted, because the bottom line is it could always be worse. Today, at 29 years old, I sit here and look at my life and I have so much more left to do and that I WILL DO...but I appreciate every day and I have realized all the BLESSINGS I have in my life. I have the Best Parents and I mean the BEST, no offense to anyone's parents LOL...but mine are kick ass!!! Next is my Sister, she is my ROCK and part of my STRENGTH...She's a tough cookie but has a heart of gold and I am SOOOOO Lucky that GOD sent her to me...With her by my side I feel like anything is possible. Then there is the rest of my family, which are incredible as well. My true friends who have stuck by me through all of this journey..you know who you are...then are those who I have met along the way of this journey, whether they have been friends on facebook, my doctor, nurses, hospital staff, they truly make each day of this fight a little easier for me. SO thank you....and Thank you God for Blessing me with such amazing people in my life. I appreciate them all in their very own special way, they keep me going strong every day!!!!

I will continue to say I have CANCER but CANCER does not have me. As long as I can fight, I will continue to FIGHT like the WARRIOR I know I am!!! If others have fought and surpassed this then why the heck can't I. There is no ROOM for FAILURE here it is not an OPTION in my LIFE!!! I am a WINNER!!! and so help me GOD, but I WILL BEAT THIS!!!

I will keep you all updated.

God Bless!!!

"My DRIVE to LIVE is far GREATER and STRONGER than any CANCER!"- ♥ yours truly

2 comments:

  1. My dear CHUCH,

    Where shall I start? I have to say I will begin with our Tibia days when we went to the cyber and stayed up till 5 in the morning. We made excuses to play at the cyber and often would play for hours on end and laughing to our heart's content. What good times and sweet memories. I remember when I wke up mid night and asked you to put paper in the printer and our wal mart trips till 2 a.m. Chuch from the first day we met we becam instant friends. You are to me like the sister I wish I always had. We laugh, cry, talk for hours on end and play and ALWAYS understood one another. It was weird binding our friendship so quickly and from the first day we never questioned or skipped a beat.

    As your BEST friend, I want to say that I KNOW and I BELIEVE that you will beat this. There is not one ounce of me that thinks othewise. See, you ALWAYS showed me that when life throws us lemons....it doesn't matter because in the end... LMAO! We are strong people and this obstancle is just going to make you stronger. Below is the Struggle of the butterfly


    One day, a small opening appeared on a chrysallis (butterflies make a chrysallis and moths make a cocoon); a person sat and watched for the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole.


    Sometimes the struggle has a purpose.........
    Then, it stopped and did not appear to be making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and it could not go any further.
    So the person decided to help the butterfly:

    With a pair of scissors, the person opened the chrysallis. The butterfly then emerged easily.
    But it had a withered body, it was tiny and had shrivelled wings. The person continued to watch, expecting that, at any moment, the wings would open, enlarge and expand, to be able to support the butterfly's body, and become firm.
    It never happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a withered body and shrivelled wings. It never was able to fly. . . .
    What the person, in sincere kindness and goodwill, did not understand was that the restricting chrysallis and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening, were the One's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings, so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the chrysallis. Sometimes, struggles are exactly what we need in our life.

    If God allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, ...it would cripple us.

    We would not be as strong as we could have been. We would never be able to fly.

    YOU WILL FLY!!!! I LOVE YOU CHUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life, in the grand scheme of it all, is short, but the blink of an eye. It is now, after I have read your update, that I feel so fortunate in my life to have what I have. The people that I have, and those that love me for me. I am honored to know such a brave soul such as yours. My pain is only a drop in the bucket compared to yours. And one day, God willing, both of our pain will have a cure. No, mine is nothing comparable to yours, but I can sympathize a great deal. I am nothing without my sympathy, and today, it doesn't belong to you, for you are a fighter, and I pray every day that you beat this monster out of the park! If there is anything, and I mean anything that I can do, please, let me know. Things have been busy and hectic, but you can always call me come day or night, any hour, any time. Blessed are those that know what a great treasure life is and what it has to offer. I love you, and wish you the best on your journey as you continue to fight. Forever your friend, Rachel

    ReplyDelete